Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Challenge 15



Challenge:
1. Read two or three of the perspectives on Library 2.0 from the list above. Create a blog post about your thoughts on any one of these.

2. Library 2.0 - It's many things to many people. What does it mean to you?

The OCLC newsletter was very informative in seeing how various people see how they can create libraries of the future...in being proactive about making information much more accessible to library users. The authors have a much more in-depth perspective than I do....metadata, instant messaging, 2nd life. Things that are not very second nature to me.

My school days encompassed photocopying journal articles one page at a time...not much online access available. It's sometimes difficult for me to try to envision how today's students want to access their information...though EASY would be a good start.

What does Library 2.0 mean to me?
I'm tending to agree some of the statements by the author Dr. Wendy Schultz of "To a temporary place in time...On the way to the library experience of the future." I'm loving how things are now...such as the library being part of the community...where I can currently hear author talks or presentations regarding current events. Library 2.0 is making it easy for me to look up whatever information I want, wherever I want....with coffee or hot chocolate in hand, preferably with a toasted croissant (where the hardest choice to make would be chocolate or almond filling).

No comments: