Friday, March 2, 2007

Challenge 13


Challenge: View Del.icio.us tutorial, explore SJ Learning 2.0 del.icio.us account, and create a blog post.

I like the idea....of being able to have your bookmarks with you on something like del.icio.us and to be able to pull them up wherever you are, but I'm not that mobile computer-wise yet. I have the important bookmarks memorized....kind of like the phone numbers that I think are important. I don't do speed dial very often, unless it's someone's phone number that I'd have to look up anyways.

Right now it seems like quite a bit of work to pull a del.icio.us bookmarking page together for my purposes.

I see people like my brother and my boyfriend putting every kind of music that they have onto the tiny ipods.....so they can leave everything at home and only take their little gadget with them wherever they go. I have yet to find time to scan in some favorite photos onto a computer, so that I'll have digital access to them instead of digging through a box in the garage when I need to find a photo of something.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What I did love about the SJ Learning Del.icio.us account was being able to find interesting articles and blog posts such as "When tags work and when they don't: Amazon and LibraryThing", "Why and How to Use Blogs to Promote Your Library's Services", and "Flickr Photos from Innovative Interfaces". These are things that I wouldn't ordinarily search out...but I do benefit from if someone else organizes them all together for me and has them all in one place.

Very cool. But would I set up my own? Maybe tomorrow.....

No comments: