Monday, March 26, 2007

Challenge 20



Challenge:
Explore YouTube & find a video worth adding as an entry in your blog.

Create a blog post about your experience. What did you like or dislike about the site and why did you choose the video that you did? Can you see any features or componets of the site that might be interesting if they were applied to library websites?

I love YouTube....though sometimes in the past I have had trouble viewing entries. I think it may have to do with upgrades and such. Never wanted to bother IT to fix it for me...though everything seems to be working today.

I was first introduced to YouTube when my boyfriend sent me this clip of him playing a Celtic frame drum. Even though the sound is a little off from the image, it's really him playing. Of course, it's my favorite YouTube clip.

He also sent me this clip of how to open a young coconut in a much safer manner then I had been using....probably has saved me a few fingers.



As for library applications, the time for entries seems to be very short...so to me it makes more sense for literature entries for Children....such as Alligators All Around. Maybe we could stick this on our library catalog!

No comments: